Goals for ASIVC
Services and Activities
- To provide events, services and activities and communications that contribute that build community; ensure academic success; encourage creative expression, personal growth, safety and well-being; foster diversity and equity; and promote student advocacy and leadership for our students.
Student Leadership Development
- To increase student knowledge, engagement, participation and satisfaction in student clubs, organizations, departments, co-curricular programs, campus-wide governance committees, workgroups and taskforces.
- To provide ongoing comprehensive leadership development opportunities to increase the efficiency of students involved in governance.
- To assure the student leaders and employees can demonstrate multicultural (racial, gender, class, religious, ability and sexual orientation) competencies and promote diversity of entire college community.
Facilities and Technology
- To update and maintain professional facilities, office and public spaces, physical environments, supplies and equipment necessary for conducting official Associated Students services and activities;
- To keep current with computing technology.
- To maintain and increase financial revenue for Operating Surplus Account for ongoing and long term initiatives
- To provide guidelines for the financing of ASIVC business;
- To provide and engage in a timely and detailed fiscal management process for our student clubs, organizations, co-curricular programs, departments and vendors.
(Ratified by ASIVC on Tuesday, September 15, 2015)