Behavioral Intervention Team
The mission of the Irvine Valley College Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT) is to identify, remediate and, whenever possible, prevent incidents or events that could be harmful to the campus community. The team will create synergy and facilitate the efficient flow of information between all of the individuals and departments charged with the safety of the campus population.
- Apply risk-sensing, sense-making, critical incident evaluation and decision-making skills to address behavior of concern on campus.
- Practice fast and frugal decision-making.
- Apply violence risk-assessment protocols to campus settings.
- Determine critical behaviors of concern, risk factors and pathways to violence.
- Develop and implement violence risk and behavior of concern management plans.
- Campus will identify the BIT Team as a working, action group for crisis assessment.