Career and Job Placement at Irvine Valley College
IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING CAREER SERVICES: The campus is closed until further notice, career services will only be available by phone or virtually. Students may access our services in the following ways:
- Schedule an Appointment: Appointments will be via Zoom or over the phone depending on student needs and preference. Contact the Career Center via phone, text, or email:
- Call: 949-451-5431
- Text: 949-264-2303
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Appointments will be conducted by phone and/or virtually depending on the needs and desire of the student.
**Please note a computer or smart device will be needed for virtual appointments.
- Speak with a Drop-in Counselor (during business hours): Drop-in counseling will be conducted over the phone. To be added to the drop-in queue:
- Call: 949-451-5431 and let us know that you would like to speak to a counselor on drop-in
- Text: 949-264-2303
- Email a Counselor: Send an email to email@example.com and we will forward your email to a counselor for a response.
- Sign-up for a workshop: During our campus closure, workshops and events will all take place virtually. To see a list of upcoming workshops, click the blue “View Calendar” button below. Registration is required for workshops and event – register with the link provided for each event to receive the Zoom event link via email.
Career Center Phone Call: 949-451-5431
Career Center Text: 949-264-2303
Job Line for Employers: 949-451-5250
Fall 2020 Virtual Office Hours
Monday - Thursday: 8 am - 7 pm
Friday: 8 am - 5 pm
We are closed on weekends and on the following holidays:
- Monday, September 7: Labor Day
- Wednesday, November 11: Veterans Day
- Thursday – Friday, November 26 – 27: Thanksgiving Holiday
- Wednesday – Thursday, December 23 – 31: Winter Holiday
The Career and Job Placement Center is happy to assist currently enrolled students with each step of your job search in a variety of ways. IVC Alumni are also welcome to make appointments for assistance. Our focus is to lend assistance to students in their career development and to transition them from college life into productive employment. It is with this focus that we design, coordinate and implement career services and activities for the students at Irvine Valley College.
The Career and Job Placement Center utilizes current technology and information to support students in the job hunting process. The career center is also a source of great information about potential career paths, majors, job statistics, and open job opportunities.