Career and Job Placement at Irvine Valley College
IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING CAREER SERVICES: Starting Monday, March 16 through Friday, May 1, career services will only be available by phone or virtually. Students may access our services in the following ways:
- Schedule an Appointment: Contact the Career Center via phone or email:
- Phone: 949-451-5431 – please leave a message and we will return your call
- Email: email@example.com. Appointments will be conducted by phone and/or virtually depending on the needs and desire of the student. Please note a computer or smart device will be needed for virtual appointments.
- Speak with a Drop-in Counselor Virtually (during business hours): Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to the drop-in queue and a counselor will send you a Zoom meeting link via email
- Speak with a Drop-in Counselor by Phone (during business hours): Contact the Career Center by calling: 949-451-5431 and we will place you on the list for a call back
- Email a Counselor: Counselors can be reached via email at email@example.com
- Sign-up for a workshop: The remaining March workshops have been cancelled. Please check back for April workshops and RSVP via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Career Center: 949-451-5431
Job Line for Employers: 949-451-5250
We are located on the 2nd floor of the Student Services Center (SSC), Room 230
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
We are closed on weekends and Cesar Chavez Day (March 31).
The Career and Job Placement Center is happy to assist currently enrolled students with each step of your job search in a variety of ways. IVC Alumni are also welcome to make appointments for assistance. Our focus is to lend assistance to students in their career development and to transition them from college life into productive employment. It is with this focus that we design, coordinate and implement career services and activities for the students at Irvine Valley College.
The Career and Job Placement Center utilizes current technology and information to support students in the job hunting process. The career center is also a source of great information about potential career paths, majors, job statistics, and open job opportunities.