School of Guidance and Counseling Internship
This application is to express interest in an unpaid internship* within the School of Guidance and Counseling at Irvine Valley College.
Explore careers and specialties within the field of Higher Education in the Community College system. This semester-long program is for any student enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program who may be interested in the counseling field. Please complete the form below to indicate your interest in this program.
- Enrolled in: A qualifying Master's Degree Program (i.e. counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, career development, marriage and family therapy, or marriage, family and child counseling OR enrolled in an undergraduate program in any field).
- Must be in good academic standing at enrolled institution.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Must be technologically competent.
- Must have a strong desire to work with community college students.
- Must be willing to commit to an internship lasting the entire academic semester AND a consistent weekly schedule not to exceed 20 hours a week.
- Upon selection, must attend the mandatory orientation for interns (dates vary based on semester).
Selection for this internship does not guarantee employment within the South Orange County Community College District