Building a Resume
38 Castle Creek Rd.
Individual with high degree of professionalism and demeanor. Strong communicator with exceptional people skills.
2003 - present
||English Department Secretary, Midland High School, Midland, OH |
Assist 17 instructors in the following ways:
- Preparation of tests and worksheets
- Grade student exams
- Compose weekly letters of correspondence for department chair
- Duplicate instructional materials
- Train and supervise 8 student aides
- Order/record all books and supplies
- Organize workroom and dept. offices
2000 - 2002
Head Cashier, Payless, Mission Viejo, CA
- Monitored and kept daily records of cash flow
- Balanced cash drawer
- Trained and periodically assisted all cashiers
- Delegated store responsibilities to fellow co-workers
Office Aide, Maple Elementary School, Maple Island, CA
- Served as school representative fielding general questions
- Assisted children with social studies, arts/crafts and P.E.
- Monitored free time activities
||Irvine Valley College: Currently working on general education courses with plans to transfer to UC Irvine in Biology with a targeted Bachelor of Science completion date of May 2010|
Tips to Enhancing your Resume:
When creating your resume, keep it to one page if possible. To print, use white quality paper. Present your headings in Bolded letters on the line under your name and address, using phrases like "Sales Marketing," "Computer Specialist," or "Investment Banker." Try not to over do these phrases like "Engineer of the Custodial Arts"(maintenance man) or "Navigator of Open Transit"(Cab Driver), just be basic with your job titles, it reads better to the employer.
To your knowledge, list each company, title, and description as accurately as possible. Use bullets for the listing of your job description and responsibilities rather than having them hidden in long paragraphs.
End your resume with awards, degrees, honors and achievements since people always remember the first and last thing they see.
Improve your resume with a Cover Letter and a Thank You Letter