Student Speaker Selection Process and Timeline
Commencement is on Friday, May 24, 2019 from 5 -7 pm at the IVC Live Oak Terraces. The selected student speaker will be asked to arrive to campus early.
- Applications due by Monday, April 8, 2019
- Finalists will be notified the week of April 8, 2019
- Auditions will be held for finalist the week of April 22, 2019
A selection panel will review your application and response to the prompt. Successful applicants will be contacted to participate the oral audition (mandatory for consideration).
The selection committee will forward their selections to the College President. Selections will be made based on:
- Delivery of content, and evidence of practice and preparation
- Quality of content, originality, and clarity of message
- Representation of/Embracement of IVC student experience
- Inclusivity, acknowledgement, awareness of diverse perspectives and experiences of IVC students