Student's Responsibilities for Interpreting/Captioning Services
- Submit interpreting/captioning request for classes
immediately upon enrolling. (Link provided below)
- Submit your syllabus to firstname.lastname@example.org within the first week of class.
- If you are unable to attend for any reason, notify the DSPS office through the online form at least 48
hours before class starts.
- Submit interpreting/captioning request through the online form at least 48 hours in advance (i.e. field
trips, tutoring, department appointments, etc.)
- If you are late to class, your interpreter/captionist is required to wait a maximum of 15 minutes.
- Interpreting/captioning services may be suspended if you:
a. Have three unexcused absences
b. Have frequent excused absences
c. Are continually late; 15 minutes or more
Please note: If your interpreting or captioning services are suspended, you will have an opportunity
for an appeal.
- Informing your class interpreter/captionists that you will not be attending a class is not sufficient. You
must inform the DSPS office through the online form.
- Immediately notify the DSPS office if any changes are made to your class schedule either through the
online form or email@example.com. If any changes are made to your schedule after the first week
of classes, please understand that you may have a lapse in interpreting/captioning services.
- Notify the DSPS office at firstname.lastname@example.org or text 949-829-3440 if your interpreter/captionist
does not show up to class or if you have any concerns.
- If your class will be cancelled, notify the DSPS office through the online form.
- The interpreter will not take notes for you. If you require notetaking services, you must go into the
DSPS office to pick up a form to give to your instructor.
- The interpreter is not a tutor. If you need further explanation, please ask the instructor or go to the
DSPS office to obtain a form to receive tutoring services.
- Refrain from side conversations during class with any support services providers.
- The captionist will email your notes to your college email address 24-48 hours after class.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding interpreting/captioning services, please contact the DSPS office.