Volunteer Note Taker Guidelines
Thank you for volunteering to take notes this semester! Upon confirmation of services rendered, DSPS will provide you with a letter of commendation from the Dean of Counseling Services for your invaluable service.
Free Notetaking Materials in the DSPS office
- Duplication paper (NCR paper)
- Use of a copy machine
- Access to a computer and printer
Note Taker Tips
- Some DSPS students may want to work directly with you, while others may not want to be identified. If they only want to work through the instructor, please give the instructor your notes or drop off at DSPS (SSC171).
- Do your best to provide the instructor’s information, views and opinions, not yours.
- You are not a tutor, your sole responsibility is to provide notes from the class.
- You are not obligated to provide notes to a student who is not attending class.
- If you are unable to attend class, please attempt to arrange for someone to substitute in your place.
- You may email your notes to firstname.lastname@example.org, please provide the class ticket number and DSPS will print out the notes for the student’s pick up.
- If you have any questions or concerns contact the DSPS office at (949) 451-5630, email@example.com or SSC 171.
Note Taker Agreement/Commitments
- I commit to attend class, take notes for the full semester and do my best to not be late.
- If I know the student’s identity I will practice confidentiality and not share any information regarding the student.
- I will provide the notes to the student or to DSPS after each lecture (i.e. email or drop-off).
- If I do not fulfill the notetaking commitments for the entire semester I will not be eligible to receive a letter of commendation.