How to become an IVC DSPS Student
Note: If you are a student that requires an interpreter or captionist, email your schedule to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review and follow: How to become an IVC DSPS Student Checklist. or follow the required steps below.
Step 3: Make an appointment with DSPS
After receiving your student ID number, make an intake appointment to meet with a DSPS counselor and provide verification of disability (VOD). Verification of Disability (VOD) includes:
- Written documentation verifying your disability and functional limitations signed by a licensed professional (physician/ psychologist/ psychiatrist etc.). Receive a form from DSPS, or sign an authorization to release your records and we request them via fax.
- If you have been diagnosed with a Learning Disability, please bring in a copy of your most recent test scores (Psycho-educational Report, Multidisciplinary Report, Triennial Report) not an IEP.
Step 4:Complete an Orientation
Access the Online orientation through MySite
- Log on using your Student ID # and IVC pin.
- Click My Information, Matriculation, Online Orientation, View Online orientation.
Step 5: Complete Assessment
Option 1: Take Placement Test with DSPS office with accommodations.
- Once you have provided VOD you may be eligible to take your math and English placement tests with DSPS.
- Contact DSPS to make an appointment to take your placement test.
Option 2: Take Placement Test without accommodations.
- You may schedule to take your placement test without accommodation simply by logging in to your MySite. In MySite, go to My Information, Matriculation, Appointments.
Access your placement scores through MySite.
In MySite, go to My Information, Matriculation, Placement Information.
Step 6: Complete Online Advisement
Access Online advisement through MySite.
- Click My Information, Matriculation, Online Advisement, View Online Advisement.
Step 7: Complete First Semester Plan
A first semester plan will be completed with a DSPS counselor during your intake appointment.
Step 8: Register for Classes
Access assigned registration date and time through MySite. In MySite, go to My Classes, Register For Classes. On your registration date, log onto MySite. In MySite, go to My Classes, Register For Classes, Add/Drop Classes.
- Select Term.
- Update Records - Input all current information, then select Next.
- Schedule Builder - Add class you want to register for, then select Next.
- Checkout - Balance Summary - ASB sticker, then select Next.
- Select payment option, then select Complete Registration.
- If you choose Other, you will be given one week to pay. Failure to do so will result in all classes being dropped.
- Once payment is completed, you have fully registered.