CalWORKs: Welfare-To-Work Training
The California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) program is designed to assist families as they become financially self-sufficient.
Participants must demonstrate proof of receipt of CalWORKs cash aid from Social Services for themselves and their families.
- Priority registration
- Academic, career, and personal counseling
- Short-term vocational training programs
- Work-study employment on campus
- Case management/liaison services with OC Social Services Agency
- Childcare referrals
- Facilitation of support services (i.e., child care, textbooks & supplies, etc.) from OC Social Services
- Assistance with financial aid applications