The Guardian Scholars Program at IVC
The Guardian Scholars program provides additional support to students who were or are in the foster care system. Qualifying students will be eligible to receive:
- Priority registration
- Individual academic counseling
- One-on-one help from Guardian Scholars staff
- Help with and priority filing for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Help applying for foster youth-specific scholarships and grants
- Money for textbooks and other academic supplies
- Access to additional workshops for student success
- Personal referrals to Student Services on campus
Stop by the Guardian Scholars office to find out if you’re eligible or follow the 3-step process:
- Please download and fill out the application.
- Secure and attach your foster care verification to the application.
- Once completed, call 949- 451-5243 to schedule an appointment with Lizett Bobadilla to submit the application.