The Guardian Scholars Program at IVC
The Guardian Scholars program provides additional support to students who were or are in the foster care system. Qualifying students will be eligible to receive:
- Priority registration
- Individual academic counseling
- One-on-one help from Guardian Scholars staff
- Help with and priority filing for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Help applying for foster youth-specific scholarships and grants
- Money for textbooks and other academic supplies
- Access to additional workshops for student success
- Personal referrals to Student Services on campus
Stop by the Guardian Scholars office to find out if you’re eligible or follow the 3-step process:
- Please download and fill out the application.
- Secure and attach your foster care verification to the application.
- Submitted FAFSA or Dream Act application. If eligible, applied for CHAFEE grant.
- Once completed, call 949- 451-5243 to schedule an appointment with Lizett Bobadilla to submit the application.
Join us as we gather with other current or former foster youth students in a group discussion to share issues and concerns in a safe environment. Registration required.
If you require an accommodation, please contact Disabled Students Programs and Services at least three business days prior to the event at 949-451-5630 or email@example.com.