Those with acute minor illnesses or injuries who require medical attention may be seen at the Health and Wellness Center without first making an appointment.
- The Health and Wellness Center recognizes that the majority of illnesses in the United States have preventable causes. To prevent these medical problems, healthy decisions should be encouraged.
- The center offers routine physical exams, immunizations, medical consultations and several screening tests to identify these preventable diseases and conditions.
- We offer contraception, family planning, and sexually transmitted disease testing and treatment, with minimal qualifications.
- Our focus is to educate men and women concerning such issues as sexually transmitted diseases, contraception, and testicular and prostate cancer.
- Women’s health: Annual gynecological exams (appointment strongly suggested); pregnancy testing and screening; other gynecological problems.
- Men’s health: Exams, consultations and referrals for specific conditions.
IVC provides on-site counseling and referrals to outside agencies for those who are in need of assistance with mental health issues that require more in depth treatment. Counselors are available at the Health and Wellness Center in the fall and spring semesters by appointment only. (No medications are prescribed.)
- Monday - Thursday: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Our laboratory is equipped to perform basic laboratory work ordered by our medical providers only.
- Complex laboratory services are sent out to a nationally accredited referral lab for a nominal fee.
TB TESTING HOURS
- Monday - Tuesday: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Thursday: No TB testing
- Friday (test readings only): 9 a.m.- noon
Please note: TB times and dates availability may vary on holiday weeks and holidays.
The Health and Wellness Center does not currently offer radiology services, but we have established relationships with local community agencies to provide radiological exams at reduced fees.
Health Education promotes health and wellness through education and outreach programs on various topics. Presentations for clubs, organizations, and classes are available upon request.
- Information will not be released to anyone without your written consent, including parents, spouse, friends and/or college personnel, except in those few circumstances where the law requires disclosure of confidential information.
- Some cases of communicable diseases must be reported to the Department of Public Health.
- HIPAA regulations are followed.
We offer referrals with local community agencies to provide exams at reduced fees.
We provide on-site consultations for weight management, and nutrition therapy for diabetes prevention, high cholesterol and high blood pressure.