Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, IVC will be offering classes on-line for spring 2021.
International Student Application Requirements
How to Apply
Applicants outside of the United States must follow the application instructions below. Applying to IVC is a two-part process: an online application and submission of additional documents on-line or by mail.
STEP 1 - On-Line Application:
Applicants must first complete the "International" online application. Click the link below to access the "International Application":
CCC Apply International Student Application
Once you have completed the online International Application, you will receive an IVC student ID number and the non-refundable application fee will be charged. If you do not receive your student ID number, contact our office at email@example.com
NOTE: Submission of the on-line application does not grant admission to Irvine Valley College for F-1 visa applicants. All F-1 visa applicants must submit additional documentation as outlined below in order to be considered for admission and receive the I-20.
STEP 2 - Submit the International Student Documents
Submit the remaining documents after you receive the IVC student ID number:
1. International Student Application:
2. Pay the $54 application fee: Payment can be made on-line by Visa, MasterCard or Discover Card, by check or money order, or in-person:
- If paying by credit card: Visit the www.ivc.edu and click on the "MySite" link at the top of the page. Use your student ID number and four-digit PIN to login. Click on the 'My Classes" link on the left side of the page and click the "Make Payment" link.
- If paying by check or money order: The check or money order must be drawn from a US bank and made out to "Irvine Valley College". Please include your student ID number on the check and mail to Irvine Valley College.
- If paying in person: Please visit the Bursar's Office in the Student Services Center (SSC), 1st Floor. This option is not available during COVID-19 campus closure.
3. Submit Financial Documents: Submit an official bank statement and Affidavit of Support verifying funds to meet our estimated annual tuition and living expenses. Bank statements must be dated within the last 4 months and must be accompanied with a certified English translation (if needed). Please see our estimate of tuition and living expenses:
Embassy sponsored students: An official Financial Guarantee from your sponsoring organization is required.
4. English Proficiency Requirement: Students whose native language is not English must submit proof of English proficiency. (IVC is not authorized to issue I-20s for ESL or AESL study). Not required for students whose native language is English and/or had English as the language of instruction throughout high school. Submission of English proficiency test scores does not determine IVC course placement; the IVC ESL assessment test will be used to advise on course placement.
English proficiency can be met by submitting one of the following:
English proficiency tests: Official exam scores must not be more than two years old:
TOEFL: 52 iBT or 470 paper based test (IVC institution code is 4773)
CAMBRIDGE ENGLISH: 160 (B2 First, C1 Advanced)
EIKEN: Grade 2A
GTEC CBT: 900
ESL Partner Schools: Students who have completed specific levels at an approved IVC English language school may be able to waive the English proficiency test requirement. Submit an official transcript or letter verifying completion of the required level. Please visit English Proficiency Requirements for a list of IVC's partner English language schools.
Completion of Freshman Composition (WR 1) equivalent course: Students who have completed Freshman Composition (WR 1) at an accredited US university with a grade of "C" or better may have the English proficiency waived. Official transcripts verifying completion are required.
IVC's ESL Assessment Test: Students who place into ESL 370 or higher on the ESL Assessment Test have met our English proficiency requirement.
5. Evidence of High School Completion: All applicants must provide proof of graduation from high school (or equivalent) in the form of official records/transcripts with certified English translation (if necessary). Students should submit transcripts from all years of study at the high school level. Students may also submit the GED (https://ged.com/), HISET (http://hiset.ets.org/) or TASC (http://www.tasctest.com/) to fulfill this requirement.
Transcripts: Students are encouraged to send official high
school transcripts, official university transcripts and official foreign
credential evaluation documents directly to the IVC Admission & Records Office
electronically through Credentials or Parchment. Students can also mail official transcripts
to: IVC Admissions & Records Office,
5500 Irvine Center Drive, Irvine, CA 92618.
Although not required for admission, official transcripts are needed
for pre-requisite clearance and university transfer processes.
Applicants may be asked to have their documents evaluated by a foreign credential evaluation service. More information about approved credential evaluation services can be found at Credential Evaluation Services.
6. Passport: Please send a copy of the information page from your passport.
F-1 visa students who are currently studying in the US must submit the following documents in addition to items 1-6 listed above:
- Verification of Status Form: To be completed by the DSO at your current school. Verification of Status.pdf:
- Copy of your current I-20
- Copy of your F-1 visa
- Copy of your I-94 to be downloaded at https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov
- Official transcripts from all US colleges or universities attended
Embassy Sponsored Students:
Embassy sponsored students must also submit the FERPA Release sponsored.pdf. The FERPA Release form allows IVC to communicate with your embassy regarding your studies.
Applicants must be 17 at the start of their first semester of attendance at IVC and must have a legal guardian who resides in the Irvine area. Minor students must live with the legal guardian until they reach 18 AND the guardian must be physically present in the home. Please click the link below to access the Guardianship Form and instructions: GUARDIAN PROCEDURES.pdf
Irvine Valley College cannot act in the place of the parent or guardian and cannot find a guardian for students.
All new international students must complete required Tuberculosis/TB testing at the IVC Health Center (SSC, 1st floor) prior to the start of classes. TB testing is typically done during orientation. Transfer students who are not traveling outside of the US prior to the start of classes are encouraged to complete TB testing before orientation. TB Testing is a two day process and costs $25.00. Blue TB Clearance forms must be submitted to the International Student Office to meet this requirement.
IVC does NOT accept TB tests done outside of the US.
Applicants may submit their application documents by mail or by email. (U.S. transcripts are not accepted by email and must be submitted by mail.) IVC reserves the right to request originals at any point in the application process. Please ensure that all documents reach us by the posted Application Deadlines. Documents submitted become property of Irvine Valley College and will not be returned to you.
Applications can be mailed to:
Irvine Valley College
International Student Center
5500 Irvine Center Drive
Irvine, CA 92618 USA
Applications can be emailed to:
Applications will be processed within five (5) business days of receipt.
During COVID-19, the acceptance letter and I-20 will be sent to you by email. Our office is not mailing out I-20s via postal or express mail service at this time. NOTE: I-20s can ONLY be sent to your official IVC email account as this is the email on record with SEVIS. Please be sure to activate your "@ivc.edu" email to receive the I-20.
All international students are required to purchase the South Orange County Community College District-approved health insurance plan. Students will not have access to registration until the health insurance fee is paid. IVC does not accept outside health insurance plans. Health insurance fees should be paid AFTER the student is admitted to IVC.
Please visit the Health Insurance page for information about costs and coverage.