International Student Application Requirements
Application to IVC is a two part process: an on-line application and submission of additional documents by mail.
STEP 1 - On-Line Application:
Applicants for the semester must first complete the On-Line Application
by visiting: http://admissions.ivc.edu/pages/admissions.aspx.
Once you have completed the on-line application, you will receive an IVC student ID. If you do not receive your I.D.# contact our office at 949-451-5693 or email@example.com
2. Pay the $54 Application Fee: After you have received your student I.D.# please pay the $54 non-refundable application fee online with a Visa, MasterCard or Discover Card, by check or money order or in-person:
If paying by credit card: Visit http://bursars.ivc.edu/pages/creditdebtcards.aspx and then click on the link that says "please click here". You will be directed to the MySite login page. Enter your new Student ID number and four digit PIN number. Click on the "My Classes" link on the left side of the page and then click the "Make Payment" link.
If paying by check or money order: The check or money order must be drawn from a US bank and made
out to "Irvine Valley College". You can mail the check to: Irvine Valley College,
International Student Center, 5500 Irvine Center Drive, Irvine, CA
If paying in person: Please visit the Bursars Office in the Student Services Center (SSC), 1st floor.
3. Submit Financial Documents: An official bank statement and Affidavit of Support verifying funds to meet our estimated annual tuition and living expenses. Bank statements must be dated within the last 4 months, must include the account holder's name and must be accompanied by a certified English translation (if needed). Please see our estimate of tuition and living expenses below:
Embassy Sponsored Students: An official Financial Guarantee from your sponsoring organization is required in order to issue the I-20.
4. English Proficiency Requirement: Students whose native language is not English must submit proof of English proficiency. Official exam scores must not be more than 2 years old. Original test score reports are required for the EIKEN test.
TOEFL: 52 iBT or 470 paper based
(IVC institution code is 4773)
EIKEN: Grade 2A
ESL School Agreements:
International students can meet the English proficiency requirement by completing the specified level at one of our partner intensive English language schools listed below. Official transcripts or letter verifying completion of the following are required:
5. Evidence of High School Graduation: All applicants must provide evidence of graduation from high school or equivalent in the form of official records/transcripts with certified English translation (if necessary). Students may also submit the GED (https://ged.com/), HISET (http://hiset.ets.org/) or TASC (http://www.tasctest.com/) to fulfill this requirement. Students must submit transcripts for all years of study at the high school level. Applicants may be asked to have their transcripts evaluated by a foreign credential evaluation service. More information about approved credential evaluation services can be found at Foreign Credential Evaluators.
6. Passport: Please send a copy of the information page from your passport.
F-1 visa students who are currently studying in the US must submit the following documents in addition to items 1-6 listed above:
- International Student Status Verification Form: Please have the international student advisor from your current school complete the Status Verification Form: Verification of Status.pdf
- Copy of your current I-20
- Copy of your F-1 visa
- Copy of your I-94. You may download your I-94 record at https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov
- Official transcripts from all U.S. colleges or universities attended in sealed envelope(s). Copies not accepted.
- Tuberculosis (TB) test results (See the International Student Application for instructions on completing the TB test)
Embassy Sponsored Students
Embassy sponsored students must also submit the FERPA Release Form. The FERPA release form allows IVC to communicate with your embassy regarding your studies at our institution in order to fulfill the requirements of your scholarship. Please click on the link below for your specific form:
Applicants Under the Age of 18
In order for an international student under the age of 18 to be considered for admission to Irvine Valley College, they must be 17 at the start of their first semester of attendance and their parents must appoint a guardian who resides in the Irvine area. The guardian must agree to take all responsibility for the student until they reach 18. In addition, the student must live with the appointed guardian until they reach 18 AND the guardian must be physically present in the home. Please click the link below to access the Guardianship Form and instructions:
Irvine Valley College cannot act in the place of the parent or guardian and cannot find a guardian for students.
How to Submit your Application Documents
Applicants may submit their application documents by mail or by email. (US transcripts are not accepted by email and must be submitted by mail). IVC reserves the right to request originals at any point in the application process. Please ensure that all documents reach us by the posted deadline dates.
Irvine Valley College
International Student Center
5500 Irvine Center Drive
Irvine, CA 92618 USA
Please allow 5 business days for processing of any files submitted. You will then receive notification of the status of your application.
Documents submitted as a part of the application process become property of Irvine Valley College and will not be returned to you.
Official Acceptance and the Mailing of Your I-20
The acceptance letter will be sent to you by email. Instructions about receiving the I-20 by mail will be included in the email; I-20s cannot be sent by email. Students can choose to receive the I-20 by regular postal mail or by express mail. Express mail is a fee-based service that offers more secure mailing of your documents. Please refer to the Express Service Shipping page by clicking on the following link: Shipping Plans
Health Insurance Requirement
All international students are required to purchase the SOCCCD District approved health insurance plan. Students will not have access to registration until the health insurance fee is paid. IVC does do not accept outside health insurance plans.
The costs for the 2016-2017 health insurance plan are as follows:
We anticipate that these fees will increase for the 2017-2018 year. Students have the option of purchasing the annual plan at this time or purchasing the fall option at this time. If purchasing fall only, the spring/summer plan must be purchased prior to spring 2017 registration.
Please visit www.4studenthealth.com/ivc
for more information and enrollment instructions. Insurance should only be purchased AFTER you have been admitted. The insurance receipt will need to be sent to your advisor.