Skip Ribbon Commands Skip to main content
International Student Center

How Do I….?

 Please review the information below to assist you in requesting services from the International Student Office:

How Do I Request a Program Extension?

Students are expected to complete their program of study within the three-year timeframe that has been indicated on the I-20. However, there are times when students cannot complete their program of study on time and will need to request a Program Extension. Students must first meet with the international student counselor to determine if they qualify for a program extension and how much longer they will need to study. Students will then need to submit updated financial support documents (bank statement and Affidavit of Support) with their request to the International Student Center.

NOTE:  Academic probation is not a valid reason to grant a program extension; such requests will be denied.

How Do I Request Concurrent Enrollment?

Concurrent enrollment allows IVC international students to take 1-2 classes at another institution.  Students must meet the pre-requisite for the class that they are trying to take and must be maintaining at least a 2.0 GPA at IVC.  Students must submit the Concurrent Enrollment Request Form to the International Student Office. If approved, the International Student Center will write the required authorization letter that you will need to show to the concurrent college.

How Do I Change My Address? 

U.S. immigration regulations require that all international students report any change of address within 10 days of moving. Please follow the instructions below to change your address:

  1. Log into MySite and update your address by clicking on "My Information" and then "Change Address".

How Do I Request a Reduced Course Load (RCL)?

In certain limited circumstances, students may be eligible to request a reduced course load.  The most common is in the student’s last semester of study when the student only needs a certain number of units to complete the degree. All RCL requests require review by the International Student Counselor before being submitted to the International Student Center for approval. Please see F-1 Visa Regulations for specific requirements.

How Do I Request a Release of Information to a Third Party?

FERPA (Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act) laws in the United States restrict IVC from releasing most information regarding students to anyone but the student. If you would like to authorize a third party (family member, agent, sponsor) to receive information about your studies at IVC, you must complete the FERPA Release form.pdf. Completed forms can be submitted to the International Student Center at FERPA release will remain in effect until IVC receives written cancelation of the authorization from the student.

How Do I Request a Transfer to Another College/University?

When you are ready to transfer to another college or university, you must submit the Transfer and Withdrawal Request.pdf. A copy of your acceptance letter must be submitted with this form in order for IVC to transfer your SEVIS record to the new school. 

How Do I Receive My Documents by Express Mail?

IVC uses an express mail service (UEMS) that will allow you to receive your I-20 or other documents through DHL, UPS or FedEx in three-five (3-5) days. This is a fee-based service that requires payment by credit card.   To request express mailing of your documents, please visit:  

How Do I Renew My Health Insurance?

All international students are required to buy the South Orange County Community College District-approved health insurance plan. Students will not have access to registration until the health insurance fee is paid.*  IVC does do not accept outside health insurance plans.

Please visit Health Insurance for information about costs, coverage and renewal information.

*Only students on a government scholarship that have a valid Financial Guarantee on file can be waived from this requirement.

How Do I Print my I-94?

You may need to present your I-94 when applying for a driver’s license, bank account, etc.  I-94 documents may be printed from:

How Do I Order an  Official IVC Transcript?

Students can order official IVC transcripts online, by mail or in person at the Admissions and Records Office. For specific instructions on how to order an official IVC transcript, visit

NOTE:  Official transcripts for coursework done at Saddleback College must be ordered separately.  Visit for more information.



T: 949-451-5414
O: CEC 7

Regular Office Hours

Office Hours

Monday:​  9 am - 6 pm​
​Tuesday: ​ 9 am - 6 pm
​Wednesday: ​ 9 am - 6 pm
​Thursday:  9 am - 6 pm
​Friday: ​ 9 am - 4:30 pm​