International Student Orientation
International Student Orientation will be offered in both self-paced (asynchronous) and live (synchronous) sessions on-line. Attendance at orientation is required:
1) Self-Paced Orientation — Begins December 12, 2021
2) Live Virtual Orientation — January 10-14, 2022
Part 1: Self-Paced Orientation
Self-Paced Orientation begins on December 13, 2021. Students can complete this orientation at any time, but all items must be completed by January 31, 2021.
This orientation is done through Canvas. Students can access this orientation by visiting the IVC Canvas webpage (Chrome browser recommended).
Self-Paced Orientation includes video instruction, quizzes,
assignments, handouts, and document submission to the International Student Office.
How Do I Access Self-Paced Orientation?
- Visit the IVC Canvas webpage (Chrome browser recommended).
- Login using your username, which is the first part of your IVC Email address, before the @ sign. For example, the IVC Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org has the username: jdoe99.
- Your password is your IVC Email password, that is set via MySite OR your PIN number and 00 (two zeros).
- Self-Paced Orientation due date is January 31, 2021.
Need Help Accessing Canvas?
Visit the following IVC Technology Services webpages:
Part 2: Live Virtual Orientation
International students are required to attend ALL sessions listed below. All times listed are in Pacific Daylight Time (PDT).
Anticipated dates are January 10-14 for Live sessions. Detailed information including dates, times and topics will be posted soon.
Students in the US will be required to take TB/Tuberculosis tests at the IVC Health & Wellness Center. Information for required TB testing will be sent to you by separate email; however, the date for this is August 18 for those arriving by that date.
Spring 2022 Immigration Check-In:
Students will complete required immigration check-in including submission of specific documents through the International Student Virtual Orientation class in Canvas. This class will open on December 13, 2021.
Add Codes for International Students:
The International Student Program has a limited number of add codes for certain classes for new international students. If you are having trouble finding open classes or classes that you need, please review the ISP Add Code List in the Canvas International Student Orientation class. Procedures for requesting add codes are also listed in the Canvas orientation class.