All classes will be offered on-line for the
fall 2020 semester:
In an abundance of caution for the safety of our students, faculty and staff, Irvine Valley College (IVC) will only be offering on-line classes in the fall 2020 semester due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This will impact how international students enroll in classes and eligibility to enter the USA.
IVC continues to admit international students for the fall semester. Please review the information below for your enrollment options for the fall:
Transfer students (students with an active I-20): Full-time enrollment is required in the fall semester for students transferring to IVC from another US institution (with an active I-20). Students can enroll in on-line courses while in the US or overseas.
New students overseas (without an active I-20 or F-1 visa): Per US government regulations, new international students will not be able to enter the US while IVC is in an on-line format. Therefore, IVC will automatically defer the I-20 for our fall new student admits to our spring 2021 semester which begins on January 19, 2021.
However, new students CAN still enroll in fall classes from overseas! This is great news as you can still begin your American education in August!
What are the Benefits of Taking Fall 2020 IVC On-Line Courses from Overseas?
- This is a great way to get familiar with a US college course without the pressure of the full 12 unit enrollment requirement that you have in fall/spring semesters. (You can enroll full-time if you wish).
- You can start your US education from the comfort of your own home and have less delay in reaching your academic goals!
- You will still receive assistance from our experienced international student counselors and advising staff while enrolled in the on-line class.
- We will provide an on-line orientation to our students enrolling from overseas so you can familiarize yourself with the college and processes. The updated orientation date will be sent soon!
- Taking fall class(es) on-line from overseas will not affect your F-1 visa status or future entry into the USA.
*All admissions requirements are subject to change
Thank you for considering Irvine Valley College (IVC) as your community college choice! Application filing periods are as follows:
|| February 1 - July 1
||February 1 - July 24
|| September 1 - December 1
||September 1 - December 1
|| February 1 - April 10
||February 1 - May 10
Application Processing Timelines:
Once you have submitted a completed application and provided all required documents, please allow 3-5 days to receive a response.
Please include your full name, IVC Student ID number and primary email address in all inquiries about your application.
Contacting the International Student Office
Contacting the International Student Office During COVID-19 Crisis:
For general questions, academic counseling appointments or appointments with our international student advisors, please call: 949-451-5414. Our staff are available to answer your calls Monday - Thursday from 8:30am - 5:30pm; IVC is closed on Fridays during the summer.
You can also email us at email@example.com. Please be sure to leave your name, student ID number and telephone number.
Virtual Drop-In Lobby Information for Appointments, Academic Counselors & Immigration Advisors:
Virtual Drop-In Schedule for Academic Counselors & Immigration Advisors:
Students and visitors will access virtual drop-in hours through Cranium Cafe by clicking the lobby links below. You do not need to be a registered IVC student to access Cranium Cafe. You must use the Chrome browser to access Cranium Cafe.
We hope to see you at Irvine Valley College!