Student Development/Life is an integral part of a well-rounded, quality educational program and experience. Irvine Valley College’s Student Life Office is designed to provide a student-centered environment, rich in events, information and resource center, as well as a focal point for service and leadership development programs. All services delivered to students through the college bookstore, cafeteria, and Associated Student Government focus in supporting students so that they are successful, and enhance the educational experience that foster's social, intellectual and physical growth.
Associated Student Government’s philosophy fosters an appreciation of diverse cultures, communities and concepts through activity involvement and development.
Associated Student Government (ASG) of Irvine Valley College (IVC) Learning Outcomes:
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, make decisions, develop agendas and budgets, conduct and attend meetings.
- Establish goals and objectives for ASIVC.
- Establish calendar of activities for ASIVC.
- Ability to understand the Brown Act and Parliamentary Procedures.
- Ability to synthesize information and communicate with the college community and public.
- Participate constructively on committees providing feedback from students that will benefit the college decision making.
- Ability to present reports and programs to governance groups and the Board of Trustees.
- Ability to represent all students in decision making process.
- Develop imagination and individual style in all forms of problem solving and communication.
- Develop events and programs that will be an interest to students.