AB 540 Resources
As an open enrollment institution, IVC is committed to providing affordable academic opportunities for all members of our community. California Assembly Bill 540 (AB 540), which became law on January 1, 2002, provides qualified undocumented students opportunities to further their education at the same per-unit rate as other California high school graduates.
To qualify as an AB540 student, undocumented students must:
- Have attended a California high school for 3 or more full academic years (between grades 9 through 12. They do not need to be consecutive years);
- Have or will graduate from a California high school or have attained a G.E.D.; or received a passing mark on the California High School Proficiency Exam (CHSPE);
- Register or be currently enrolled at an accredited institution of public higher education in California;
- File or plan to file an affidavit as required by individual institutions, stating that he/she will apply for legal residency as soon as possible;
- Not hold a valid non-immigrant visa (F, J, H, L, A, E, etc.)
AB 540 Resource Links
This list of sites is provided for general information and reference only. The presence of these links should not be considered an endorsement for any organization or service, and Irvine Valley College and South Orange County Community College District are not responsible for the content or accuracy of any third-party information.