Reporting and Resources
Irvine Valley College faculty or staff who are (a) filing a complaint against SOCCCD employees or (b) reporting a violation by SOCCCD employees should not submit reports through Incident Reporting. These should be reported directly to District Human Resources: 949-582-4850.
Student Discipline Concern
File a Student Conduct Report
Student discipline referrals should be submitted through the Incident Report linked above. Any violation of the Student Code of Conduct by an IVC student can be reported through this site by any employee or student.
Informal vs. Formal Reports:
When submitting a "Incident Report", you will be asked to categorize the report as Formal or Informal
- Informal Reports are for the purpose of documenting disruptive or potentially troubling behavior in case the behavior is repeated and becomes a pattern. Students are not required to meet with the Disciplinary Officer (Dean, Counseling Services) if the report is informal.
- Formal Reports will require the student to meet with the Disciplinary Officer (Dean, Counseling Services) to discuss the code of conduct violation and any accompanying disciplinary action.
Student Health Care Concern
File a Student BIT Report
Please complete a Public CARE Report available on the Incident Reporting web page linked above if you encounter a student experiencing issues with any of the following:
- Behaviorally disruptive, unusual, and bizarre behavior,
- Distress/emotionally troubled
- Engages in violent behavior,
- Disturbing written material,
- Self-harm attempt,
- Or hostile, aggressive, menacing behavior
These reports are forwarded to IVC’s Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT).
Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT)
The Behavioral Intervention Team coordinates existing resources with a focus on prevention and early intervention in campus situations involving students experiencing distress or engaging in harmful or disruptive behaviors.
— Visit Behavioral Intervention Team website.